Services: Landscape Construction
- Retaining / Garden Wall and Steps
- Retaining walls are a type of wall used to contain moderate or steep terrain. Many homeowners add a retaining wall at the bottom of a slope enabling them to gain usable level yard space.
- A Garden wall is a smaller, non-structural wall that is used to define a garden space. These walls are often only a couple of blocks high creating a raised garden effect.
- Brick Paver or Patio Stone Walkway / Patio
- Brick pavers or patio stones are a great way to increase your usable outdoor living space. They can help create a ground level hard surface area for seating, dining, or fire pits. These precast, concrete stones come in a wide range of sizes, colours and textures to suit any taste and budget. o
- Polymeric sand is used in the cracks to bond the pavers together. It also helps with the suppression of weeds that may grow through the cracks.
- Flag Stone Walkway / Patio
- Flagstones are a great way to add a natural element to your landscape. These are sourced from natural slate, limestone and sandstone quarries, available in random sizes to help achieve a natural look. Square cut is also available if you prefer a more modern and uniform look.
- Flagstones can be used for a deck/seating area, walkway or as stepping stones through a grass or garden bed area.
- Polymeric sand is used to fill in the cracks, bonding the stones together in solid applications, such as seating areas or walkways.
- Fire Pit
- The addition of a fire pit can turn any standard back yard into an oasis, extending your enjoyment into the twilight and evening hours. A fire pit can be used year-round, whether it's a warm summer night, or crisp fall evening, enabling you to make the most of your outdoor living space.
- Gravel / Crusher Dust Walkway
- A gravel or crusher dust walkway is a highly functional and economical option. Edges are cut to create a neat, straight border for the walkway. Landscape fabric can be added to help reduce weed/vegetation growth. The aggregate material is tamped with a gas-powered plate tamper to create a firm walking surface.
- Raised Garden Planter Boxes
- Urban farming is becoming more and more popular. Let us help you create a custom planter using the highest quality pressure treated timbers. These beds can be any size, as small or as large as you wish.
- If you are looking for something more natural, you may wish to explore raw hemlock planters, also available in various sizes to suit your planting needs.
- River Rock Landscape / Border
- Though the addition of river rock for landscape borders is not a new concept, it has had a resurgence, and is a trending element as more people wish to reduce, or eliminate, the amount of grass they have in their yards.
- River Rock can be used in those hard to grow grass areas, such as under the eaves of houses or along the street where salt damage is noticeable.
- Whether you prefer a more uniform look, or something more natural to imitate a river bed or beach stone border, there are stone sizes available to fit your needs. They can be used on their own or help to create a beautiful feature accented with shrubs, grasses or perennials to create an interesting full garden look.
- Lawn Renovations: Seeding, Sodding and Over-seeding
- There is nothing quite like a beautiful carpet of green lawn. Let us help you add value and curb appeal to your most important investment, your home!
- All of our lawn installations and renovations start with the highest quality garden soil. A high organic based soil is the foundational first step to achieve a healthy, lush lawn.
- Garden Bed Creation (Perennial, Pollinator, Native, Floral annuals, Edibles)
- Whether you are considering a foundation planting, adding curb appeal to your home; or, your interest is to attract butterflies to help pollinate your flowering or edible plant material, count on us to help make your garden visions a reality!
- Shrub or Tree (up to 15') – Planting, Pruning, Trimming, Shaping or Removal
- Mature shrubs or small ornamental trees may end up growing larger than expected, to the point where you need a professional to assist in managing the growth. Whether you need your boxwood hedge trimmed or your small Japanese Maple tree removed, our experienced and skilled professionals can assist in meeting your needs, transforming your landscape.
- Considering adding a little something extra to your landscape? Let us assist you in finding the right specimen for you and your property.
- We work with some of the most elite greenhouse growers and suppliers in Nova Scotia, with access to some of the best shrub and specimen trees available within the HRM.
- Trees: Basket vs Container
- A recommended height for planting would be 6 – 10 feet.
- Tree Containers are initially smaller in size, but can become more quickly established once properly planted/installed/cared for. These trees are actually grown in containers and will push out new growth quickly with less of a shock when planted in the ideal location.
- Wire Basket Tree Specimens are often larger in size at installation. When harvested in the spring or fall dig, they do lose some of their roots and naturally take longer to recover/grow after installation.
- Bark Mulch Installation
- Native bark mulch is the ideal finishing product for any newly installed garden bed areas at your home or your business. Dark brown in colour, we use locally sourced, high quality, double grind native bark mulch. Smaller cut/ died wood chip mulch is also available in black or red at a special request.
- Not just visually pleasing, double grind bark mulch also helps to retain moisture in your gardens and can help to reduce the weed population (especially when accompanied with a regular garden maintenance program!)
Mark and his team were very professional. They worked efficiently and left the property looking as I had requested. Mark accommodated my request to further trim back bushes and a few tree limbs. What they did in one day would have taken me weeks and investment in more garden tools.
Thank you for accommodating my tight time line for this job!!
We recently had Mark and Kelly from Edmonds put in a brick walkway for us. I had provided a picture of what I was looking for and I got exactly what I was hoping for. The team at Edmonds were great to work with and I will certainly use them again for any future landscaping projects I may have.
I want to pass along the positive comments that we have been receiving here at the Dominion Building regarding the cleanliness of our sidewalks since the storm. Your hard work and effort has not gone unnoticed.
Jerry Fraser, Maintenance Team Leader
Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions
We have been receiving very positive feedback from everyone who is outside on the grounds during our Convocation days. Again many thanks to you and your team for so successfully taking on the challenge of having the campus ready for convocation in the last few weeks.
Tom Strapps, Maintenance & Operations
Saint Mary's University
We had a vision of a stone terrace that reminded us of our favorite café in Barcelona, Spain. Edmonds Landscape professionally guided us with their knowledge and expertise. They listened to our ideas and when asked provided us with excellent advice to get the most out of our space and showed great attention to our level of satisfaction. The outcome was better than we had envisioned.
Edmonds has had the landscape maintenance contract for the Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal since 1999. Our landscape contract covers fourteen diverse properties, some with high public visibility such as the Swiss Air Memorial sites, Government House, Province House and the Museum of Natural History. I have an excellent working relationship with the company. Edmonds responds immediately to special requests; work crews are well trained and work is of a very high quality in their attention to detail.
Nova Scotia Transportation & Infrastructure Renewal
Supervisor Building Operations
Any of the jobs that I have had done - be they pavers, tree trimming or garden beds, or fence construction - were all done well and I was satisfied…The quality of the workmanship and materials supplied remain long after the cost has been forgotten.
We have contracted with Edmonds for snow removal services for over two dozen properties over the past twenty years. We appreciate that they have sufficient resources in terms of their equipment and that it is consistently in good working order, as well as sufficient labour forces. They also have access to extended resources in the event that extra assistance is required, so that we are not constantly in a position of waiting to be serviced.
East Port Properties Limited
Judy Wall, Property Manager
The time came for us to give up snow clearance on our double driveway and walks so we decided to contact Edmonds. The service has been outstanding. Our drive and walks have been shoveled and cleared before 6:00 am. In the event that we are 'plowed in' later on, a quick call brings almost immediate results. It has been a great relief to have such good service.
Edmonds has been contracted for seasonal maintenance at many properties that I have managed throughout my 17 year property management career. Edmonds has proven they are capable of looking after all aspects of landscape maintenance and snow removal. Risk management is a large part of my responsibility. Edmonds safety program in my opinion not only leads the industry but also serves as a model for any business.
Ashford Properties Inc.
Harold Daley, General Manager
Edmonds has provided Landscape Maintenance services to Saint Mary’s University for the past many years. The service is provided on a timely basis to meet the needs of our students and is very thorough. They have taken on a true ownership role in terms of the appearance of the Saint Mary’s University grounds.